“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own.” 1 Corinthians 6:19
1 Cor. 10:31 says, “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” We are, in part, what we eat, which has often compromised our health (our temple). As we make wise choices, by giving our body the right fuel, keeping it simple and going back to the basics, God can heal and restore our temple. Eating nutritiously should not mean deprivation. How and what you eat should be the same, whether you’re losing weight or addressing health concerns.
We are also more than what we eat. We are nourished by much more than just the food we put in our mouths. We’ll look at the bigger picture of your life, those things that nourish you apart from food, such as your relationships, career, physical activity and especially your relationship with God. We’ll explore how these relationships influence the choices you’re making around what you eat. With our training and experience in working with others, we can help you restore, rebuild and transform your self-healing body. Giving your body the right food creates healthier cells which enable the immune system to function as God designed it – to fight off and defeat disease. By simply changing what and how you eat, you can be symptom-free from most diseases and many other health related problems.
Through prayer, guidance of the Holy Spirit and a wide range of resources, (including our own personal experience, training, and various software programs), we will focus on your body, which is the temple that houses the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), your soul (renewing your mind – Romans 12:1-2), and your spirit (your relationship and walk with Jesus).
- We will look at what and how you are eating, and what role food plays in your life (are you eating to live, i.e., healthy and nutritionally, or are you living to eat?).
- We will design a customized food plan to meet your body’s specific needs.
- We will determine how well your body is digesting and absorbing the foods you eat.
- We will help you understand the role of cravings, their root causes, and the effects they have on your health.
- We will help you change your relationship with food.
- We will help you identify and clarify your health goals and how they fit into God’s plans for your life.
- We will help you identify the perceived barriers in achieving your health goals, and develop a plan for you.
- We will teach you quick, easy new ways of preparing foods that are both delicious and nutritious!